Tuesday 14 May 2013

Day 4...

Well today began with big plans... then real life and distraction central kicked in lol (no idea where the boys get it from!)

This morning I did the watering after the boys went to school and had Rex and Balla try and help me do the gardening... aka the smell of the organic fertiliser with yummy blood and bone sure was enticing.  Sadly when I turned my back *someone* stuck their nose and paws in the carrot bed looking for the fertiliser... electric fence needs to be turned on when I am not in attendance in future... they don't touch the fence when it ticks ;-)

As you can see... Rex likes to help with the "cleaning up" and Miss Balla she just wants a belly rub!

During some inside time I researched worm farms as the boys want a worm farm like Granddad in Queensland... to set one up via a premade one from bunnings looks over $100 so I think we will DIY it... which will teach the boys more too :-)




 I managed to get my paper pots made today and even reused a milk bottle to make a pot...  Headed out to my big Curry Leaf Tree that survived the move down from Hedland... I had already pulled off several berries and dropped them in a spare pot... so far not one seedling but it is early days... anyway I stripped all of the berries from the tree and planted 3 in each pot... I still have a heap left but that will have to wait for tomorrow... fingers crossed we get a few germinating :-)

We use heaps of the Curry Leaves in our Indian Cooking and fresh is definitely best!

When the boys came home we attempted to make a start on the hydroponic lettuce box like Grandpop uses but after a day of NAPLAN tests the boys lost interest rather quickly so I will probably finish this another day... we have however found just the right hole saw to cut a hole to hold the plastic cups!

Happy Gardening!
*hugs*
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment