Wednesday 29 May 2013

Day 19.

Day 19 involved a trip to Kongs to replenish some of our spices... by the time I got to the garden after some housework our glorious sunshine had disappeared!  Not for long though :-)
Grandpop's Tomatoes are starting to get their next set of leaves... YES I am aware that it is the wrong season but the boys were determined and they are in our homemade greenhouse... let us hope they survive Friday's 2C Morning!  Not sure I will lol


Documenting "Grandpop's" Lazy housewife beans... just getting their real leaves... I fear for them come Friday's 2C too!  But the boys *had* to plant them too... I forsee lessons being learned about cool and warm weather crops ;-)

 The Ceylon/Malabar Spinach is surviving the crickets!  Incidentally the Yellow sticky traps still didn't catch any crickets... but great for flies!
 
The seedlings are all going great guns... but still no curry leaf trees... the only thing growing there is white mold! (below!)

 I went down the side to check the worms, curry leaf tree and bay leaf tree... all still going :-)  The worms are still wriggling well... seem to like being in newspaper and coir more than eating my garden and kitchen scraps!


 Doing the watering takes soooo much longer when you have help!  Every single time I run the tap she helps herself rather than letting me fill the watering can lol.


Now today on the way to school I was told we needed to stop and pick up a broken scooter from the road side collection as Tom wanted to fix it up (and he has)... so while Tom was getting scooter parts Brandon stashed someones old pots in my boot.... he really has caught the garden bug!

 Some of my garden is in flower at the moment!  They always bring a smile,  if you can identify these I would love to know the specific name :-)

Tom took Chris on a tour to show him "his" plants including at least 10 carrots up in his new bed... 

 I am aware again that it isn't really the right time but I have ginger in some pots... I might pop them in the greenhouse tomorrow.



  While clearing out Tom's room I found the insert for his LEGO advent calendar... so me being me... I drilled a hole in each one... I just need to fill with potting mix and add some seeds... perfect!

My very expensive pot saucers got deployed today... plastic bowls... disposable ones from Coles... much cheaper than the garden saucers!

Ok that is it from me today... hopefully after my tooth is fixed on Friday I might have a little more energy :-)

Have a good one *hugs*
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment