Monday 20 May 2013

Day 10! Already!

Day 10 already!?!  Well it started at 6.30am with the boys fighting their way out the door to get the strawberry that was ready!  They did slice it in half and share it though :-)  Apparently very sweet and yummy.

I had another run around day while the boys were at school... we eventually got to the "Boatshed" at Cottesloe so Chris could get his Dry aged Steak (EWWWW) so I made use of the trip to grab some horseradish.

So hopefully tomorrow I can plant them and fingers crossed they grow!Doesn't look like much does it? LoL!


Then we stopped by Woodbridge Weigh Bridge and met a lovely Gentleman who sold me some worms!
He informed me that they prefer the Sunday Times ;-) and gave me a heap of other advice and it was so nice to get these from him rather than a big chain store.  I got them home and popped them straight into their new home :-)  Then I awaited the boys return and did some housework ;-p

After Homework the boys disappeared out the door and then I discovered them like a pair of garden gnomes in the middle of a garden bed!  "Sweet Basil!"  Was the excited cry... I think their count got up to 6 seedlings... so good to hear them so excited.

Then onto the Worm Farm... Brandon is fascinated and Tom a little squeemish ;-)  They both went looking for worm castings and liquid... this could be a looooooong week!  (Thank You again other Sarah!)
Brandon did a quick headcount of all the seeds... we have more rainbow chard up! and his "Brandon's Grandpop's Lazy Housewife" is looking bigger!  Quite a few peas are up too ;-)


At this point I lost the boys to the tree house... so glad we limited technology in our house... scooters, tree houses and vege patches... even the occasional book! 

So while I had a few minutes I finished the greenhouse so Grandpop's tomatoes have a chance to germinate and I might try some capsicums and chillis... Then an hour of sweeping (wow grass clippings and coir make a heck of a mess!)
 
Then fixing a flap on the two kennels... Mr Rex is not too sure of this... 


Now I am looking on the sunny side of the fence and thinking we could interplant my gorgeous flowers with a few "pretty" veges...


And after all that.... dear Mr Brandon cut all the chilli's off the chilli bush since it is suffering transplant shock.  Then promptly devoured a green one... going to be a chilli head like Dad ;-)
 Have a happy Day *hugs* Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment