Thursday 27 June 2013

Day 48.. Thursday!

Well I finally got in our garden this afternoon :-)

Now somehow I didn't get photo's today as I planted out the Sugarloaf Cabbage and some of the Hunter Valley Brown Onions... I will hopefully get out and get photos tomorrow :-)  Yesterday I seasolled and fertilised everything... The soil here is just sand so the more I can put in at the moment the better... the fertiliser is the pelletised organic... e.g chook poop more than likely lol.

 Well I must have blinked!  Look at the Delaware Potatoes!  Just poured two bags of potting mix around them... I think they will need  another bag or two to get up to those top leaves!  Fingers crossed we get potatoes as well as leaves :-)
 
You remember those Rosemary Cuttings from Aleisha?  Well WOW they hit their straps... more roots on the forked cuttings... so popped them all out of water and into potting mix... they will make a lovely hedge :-) One day!


Mr Green Fingers - err Brandon came out for inspection... yes still two Nasturtiums! and "Ohhh! Look at Grandpop's beans!"  "Don't pull out the white radish Mum that is for seed!" hehe  Who's garden is this? Hmmmm.



  The oregano, thyme and coriander were up.  Check the great hanging garden... "Oh Wow check out MY Choc mint Mum... oh and can you smell it?"



 Don't blink!  There goes Tom on his new roller blades... Hi... bye!
 
"Hey Mum!  Looooook!"  Royal blue potatoes are starting to show :-) still no Kipflers though :-(




  "Look there are more coming up!"

 I wish I could catch whatever is eating my strawberries!  No, not Brandon!


  The baby strawberries are coming along :-)  Maybe by next winter we will have fruit! lol.

Grandpop's tomatoes are surviving considering they are in winter.  


 Oh Ohh where am I going to put all these onions?

 Today's FIRST major HARVEST Radishes and Store-berries (that's strawberries to everyone else).


Well there goes that harvest!  So worth it!  As you can see by Tom's face... the radishes are Peppery! In his words "Hot! Hot! Hot!" then he had another one lol
Thats it from me *hugs* Sarah!


No comments:

Post a Comment