Sunday 16 June 2013

Day 37 - a Sunday.

A busy Sunday... we went to a car show so no gardening in the morning... but this afternoon was a whole other story... 

 Mr Brandon spied more leaves on the strawberries in the greenhouse... he wants them to hurry up!

 We harvested our first worm castings today and guess where they HAD to go.... Yes "Brandon's Grandpop's Lazy Housewife" Bean and Brandon's Chocolate Mint were apparently in great need... so feed them I did... LoL

 Grandpop's Tomatoes are going to need potting up but are looking quite happy for the middle of winter!  The greenhouse is doing its job!

 ONIONS!!!  Brown and Red and where on earth am I going to put all of these? hmmm  maybe some structural rows out the front?

 Coriander is up now and racing... well in coriander terms it is... hopefully we will get enough for plenty of chicken chaat!

 Ok I was more than amazed when I spied thyme "dots" shining nice and green in the lego box!  Again less than a week.


 Tom's bed is growing thickly.. I fear I might have to upset some beetroot and thin them out!  Beautiful colours showing on the stems so maybe we can transplant...
Mr Tom gave me a hand by topping up my "soil" with a cup full!  Reminded me of when they were little making sand castles lol Now look how big he got! 
(Not going to mention he looks like a giant  because I am sat on the ground picking bark mulch out of where the next row of carrots are going lol)







We had a visit from our garden friend Julie today and I have to say her way with kids is awesome... Brandon gave her a complete garden tour in Brandon's own sweet time... Thanks Julie for the patience!  I am so happy to hear how passionate and excited Brandon is about the garden... Oh and Julie Tom would have come out *but* we got a new steam mop and it steams carpets too so we were second fiddle to finding out how the new technology works hehe

*hugs* Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment