Wednesday 12 June 2013

Day 33

The boys were at school so I had fun in the garden really quietly since Chris was sleeping.

Miss Balla Balla enjoyed the morning sun while I did the floors first though lol.


 I popped the coriander seedling into some hanging baskets... which on pulling them out of the punnets I realise they really needed it!










 

 Next came my wayward mint that seems to have a mind of its own!  It not only grew out the top of the pot but out the bottom too... and had shoots right through the pot!  So into a hanging basket it went.
  
 Parsley and Nasturtiums went into a few more hanging baskets along with the remaining coriander.  Some will be growing in the shade of the fence so lets see what happens.
 Looking at the fence down the side... I see hanging baskets or pipes and pumps with leafy crops... in the meantime I made a start on the foam box hydroponics. 


 They are still a little small but had good roots.. so lettuces and mizuna got potted up...
 Some into the last of the hanging baskets... I know they are way too close but I figure with the crickets and the harvest rate here they will be thinned out lol.
So I now have a corner of hanging baskets... can't wait for them to fill.





 Voila... lettuces in.. box filled with just water today... I need to add nutrients but since they all have some potting mix it can wait a few days.  Hopefully I will get some volcanic rock before I do the next one.
Potatoes are making progress... ok that's it from me today *hugs* Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment