Saturday 22 June 2013

Day 43 - Saturday again!

Ok missed a few days in the middle... been busy with inside jobs and stuff :-/

I had a trip up the hill earlier in the week and met lots of lovely people... Tinker Bel provided me with a Cape Gooseberry plant and a Basil Mint plant :-) and also had a cuppa with lovely Henriette and her gorgeous lil monster :-)  I came home with two varieties of rosemary, lavender, Lemon geranium (or something like that lol - smells lovely of lemon and tastes like it too), native violets and an aloe plant!

Today we got out in the garden for more than just watering :-)

Brandon and I got busy planting the garlic finally.  We have popped it in the front garden bed with the potatoes and sage... hopefully it will discourage the crickets from our Sage.  The Delaware potatoes are looking good too!

Brandon was busy planting while Tom rebuilt his scooter... literally lol... busy, busy here!
I put some potting mix around each of the Delaware Potatoes and popped some more Potato E around them... lets hope for a big harvest eventually!



The front garden bed by the letter box is full of the native grass clumps that if you hadn't noticed.... I dislike!  So armed with a bucket full of plants from Henriette I started on a change.



Rather than clearing the bed I planted rosemary between the grass plants... once they grow a little I will take out the grasses and trim them up as a hedge.

 Between the wedding bush plants which are really quite leggy I have put the Lemon Geranium as an underplanting.   They will also give a nice green backdrop to the red Kangaroo Paws.
Up near the front of the house I planted the lavender... a little too small to show the on the photo's I took... a few months time maybe different.


This is the front as it is now... What I would like to do is have espalier dwarf fruit trees along the fence, Grow the rosemary hedges and lessen the amount of grass.  
On the side past the car I have popped in a Cape Gooseberry, curry leaf tree which is looking the worse for wear with the weather, lemon thyme and Lemon Balm (which isn't well!)...  I am hoping all of this will help the side where it is all unstable sand going into the bush.  The ground next to it is the local car park since none of the houses have enough drive way space.
Cape Gooseberry - yes I need to rebury the edging *again* - Curry Leaf - Lemon Thyme.

My helpers this afternoon.... Miss Balla and Mr Rex.... and they have been great and not knocked down the nasturtium planter! :-)
 The Royal Blue potatoes started forcing their way skyward!
 Our worms are busy eating our scraps!  Lots of movement in there :-)

The Aloe and Native Violets got planted  between the irises in the shade of the fence.
 The Basil Mint went into a hanging basket to join Brandon's growing collection on the fence.

 Last but not least... Potted up Grandpop's tomatoes... leaving them in the newspaper and just burying the whole lot.


Ok that is it from me today... need to go clean up the mess they boys made lol *hugs* Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment