Saturday 17 May 2014

Another pleasant surprise.

Well yesterday I was battling the grass which has invaded every garden bed - a lot more to go but got a wonderful surprise!  Sweet potato :-D I am thinking I will mulch over the trailing vine to encourage more tubers :-)  and also start harvesting green tips to saute to stop it taking over everything :-)


Before (Friday) and after mulching (Saturday)... I need to dig the edging back in - which I already did? hmmm Once the mulch settles I will probably give it another inch on top.  Anything to help stop the grass!
Before (Friday and After (Saturday) ... it looks like some of my plants have disappeared lol There are 3 blueberries in the middle of this shot!  Much tidier though :-)

I still cannot believe it... Rhubarb resurrected! This makes me soooo happy!
 That pile of mulch (left is Friday) does not seem to be going down even though we have taken about 20 trolley loads out! (right Saturday).  Brandon giving some perspective as to the magnitude!



 Ok off out to battle the grass and mulch some more... have a wonderful Sunday *hugs* Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment