Saturday 30 August 2014

Photo bombs!

Well my boys make me laugh even when I don't expect it!  Today I dug the potatoes that B planted in the Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep Shade before we went away in April... It is not the biggest harvest, nor the biggest potatoes but they will make beautiful new potatoes for Nanny's Potatoes. :-) (Boiled potatoes, olive oil, garlic and parsley from the garden).

Yes I was photo bombed!  hehe Thanks Mr B!
My IBC arrived today - Thank you Derek!  It was previously used for the water based resin they use to seal tiles and fish pond!  This will be my water reservoir / pond for my aquaponics which will be along the back fence.  Yes photo bombed yet again :-D  but if there are weeds to be pulled they disappear hehe.

This will hold 1000 litres so we might not keep running out of water this time!  The task for tomorrow is to get it into the back garden... I think the fence may have to come down!!!
I'm going to have to cut the top out for access... or draw a line and mention "power saw" to T and then it will be done O:-)

 Spring flowers!  Carrots - so pretty and Rosemary.  My garden is bursting with life.
My blueberries got dug up from the sandy soils and popped into pots with Azalea potting mix (acidic).  They are already looking much much happier.  
 
 Now after searching for green caterpillars because my kale and cauliflowers have holes I discovered I need more snail baits as my holes are being caused but slugs and snails!  Oh and I have tomatoes popping up all over the place! :-D
The two asparagus plants that had died down for winter has sprung for spring!  No harvest this season... another year and we might get a few spears in the kitchen!  The bigger of the two plants is flowering so I am contemplating collecting the seeds.
 The super short (late) Broad beans are flowering.  I don't expect many beans this year but hopefully enough to keep my dear Husband happy :-) .




The rainbow chard I popped in the front is starting to look quite happy!  We use so much of this versatile plant... it ends up in salads, with roasts, in stir-fries and often is just munched by us while on the go!

Thats it from me for now... Happy Gardening *hugs*

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment