Wednesday 17 September 2014

The back garden... before and during...






Well it finally happened... its time to lose a lot of the grass and put in the pavers so Rex can run around like a pork chop without making mud!  No matter how much I walk him he still has energy to burn!  So the boys and Chris helped me move the *very* heavy garden beds into the Alfresco Area... fast food? lol... they were looking a little the worse for wear this morning as it looks like the dogs went exploring but oh well!



While moving pots out of the way in readiness for the paving I took the opportunity to get pictures so humour me!  The Dwarf Pomegranate is flowering and happy. The seed area is showing lots of signs of life.  The Pepino is showing appreciation of its new pot although I am thinking of putting it out the front in the garden bed I started expanding today.... ohhh the possibilities!


In the pot is Horseradish which has come back with a vengeance.. again I am considering popping this into the garden bed out the front.  The radish you can see is going to flower (I like to leave several to do  this to get seeds) the bulb is now inedible as its wider than a cup and would need a saw or axe to get through lol.  The potatoes I planted in the Azalea mix have come up and are looking well so heres onward and upward in this little experiment.  
The Strawberries are covered in green fruit even though they have fruited all winter (at a diminished rate).  Where we moved the vege beds from is looking a little rough but the radish is in flower along with a carrot.  I cannot wait until tomorrow to see how this bed cleans up with an edge.
See the state of the lawn?  The mud is UNDER the alfresco ... yes great job of the builders / landscapers... it was never going to grow, especially with dogs and kids!  Look at the border that I dig out every 3 months.... NOT ANY MORE *insert happy dance here*.  So these were taking last night... and below is this afternoon:


 We are going to have to clean the old pavers lol... see that wonderful edging?  THAT right there is most exciting for me... I can mulch and it will stay in the bed! I can build up the soil and it will stay in the bed!  Best of all... Rexy can run around like a pork chop and be happy rather than sinking deeper and deeper into the dirt!

Now I have to *wait* until tomorrow for it to be finished... woo hoo!

Happy Gardening *hugs*
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment