Sunday 14 July 2013

Day 65... Sunday again...

 G'day, well our Sunday was BUSY!  Ok yes well every day is busy in our house but today particularly!  It began with a trip to Fremantle Prison... it was very interesting!  It is really quite scary to see what conditions were like in there!

 The Royal Blue potatoes shot up in the two days we were gone!  As did the Horseradish... we have several leaves now :-)
 The Sugarloaf Cabbage and Rainbow Chard both loved the rain by the looks of things too... It is amazing the difference a few days make.
Lizzie's Zucchini's have grown too!  I will need to find room in the garden for them very soon.

 What is it?  Curry Leaf Tree seeds germinating and pushing themselves up so everyone please cross your fingers... they are about the hardest plant I know to propergate.  We did bring a heap of Curry Leaf Tree berries back from Nanny and Pop's so we will keep trying with them :-)  I guess I had better get them planted tomorrow!
Brandons Hanging gardens also celebrated the rain while we were gone... The growth is phenomenal! The Lettuces and Nasturtiums will be pickable in no time... the Strawberries are flowering.. the mints... well the photo speaks for itself!  Coriander... woo hooo I see Chicken Chaat sometime this week ;-)


 Even Toms very slow basil is finally showing progress!  I am so thankful!
I believe the strawberries might need to move into some real plant pots too :-)
 My Sublime is still a little on the yellow side... I am still rather worried about it.  Hopefully the new leaves of spring will bring green as the tree has had plenty of fertiliser.


The hydroponic lettuce is still doing well...  The strawberries also have PERFECT fruit on them since moving them away from Cricket central :-)
This afternoon I potted up the Raspberries which I did not want in the ground... and did 4 more lettuce and marigold hanging baskets.

That is it tonight... *hugs* Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment