Friday 3 October 2014

A new home.

Today was a great day... too busy for photos but a great day.

T and Chris fixed my garden arches and they are now tentatively in their new homes awaiting clearing of the previous tenants; carrots and radishes going to seed.

B and I dug the hole for our old curry leaf tree which has been living in a plastic garbage bin for about 6 years!  So today the old lady got a new home complete with layers of Rooster Booster, Organic Slow release fertiliser and 'Blood and Bone'. mixed with layers of sandy soil.  We watered her in a lot and gave her a quick tidy up.  She then got a good bucket of worm tea to perk her up and make her feel better!  Fingers crossed the old girl recovers... she has become a part of our family being planted by Nanny from Grand-pop's garden which makes this tree a special link.  This Curry leaf tree survived a move from Northampton all the way to Hedland and the heat up there for 6 and a half years and then moved to Perth in the middle of winter!!!  A tough old stick... literally lol.

I glued together my half barrel worm farm with the poly pipe glue.  Filled it up and watered it only to find I hadn't tightened the base enough and it sprinkled all over my sneakers lol!  Fixed now (hopefully) and I will check it out in the morning, if all is good I will give a few of my red wigglers a new home :-)

B and I were a little upset on inspecting the hydroponics... we found Grand-pop's Super Tom's decimated by caterpillars... holes in many of the fruit that were looking so promising.  While I have been very tolerant up to this point, rarely spraying / using anything... this meant war!  Dipel has now been deployed all over my poor suffering tomatoes.

We picked about a dozen strawberries - small ones from the hydroponics and big fat ones from the self watering pot!

In the mean time Chris blower vac'd the back patio and cleaned up all the mess from all the deliveries and projects... it is really starting to take shape out there now!

Still on my to do list is a truck load of planting; digging the bramble berries into the ground before the summer heat; potting up the grape, fig, bay leaf and mango; concreting in the pavers for the new mint beds, expanding the front garden beds and planting out some of our potted plants.

Happy Gardening!

Sarah *hugs*

No comments:

Post a Comment