Saturday 25 April 2015

Harvest time!

In the last few days I got busy and bandicooted (felt under the soil without digging up the whole patch) and retrieved 15kg-ish of Sweet Potatoes.  White fleshed with Pinky/Purple skin.  We threw a kiwifruit in the box for size comparison.  This box is less two lots of sweet potatoes already given to neighbours.
I was tidying out the back today... found some surprises... mostly my radishes... errrrm I didn't know they grew over a foot in length!  Baby carrots, potatoes - I must have missed some last harvest and they grew again hence no care has been taken... and a few are a tad green!

I love the rainbow of carrots and they steamed up beautifully for dinner... found a few baby onions left over from last years harvest too!  Below are what went in the steamer to go with dinner.  I steamed some of the radishes; it makes the flavour mellow and gives the texture of maybe... potato?  It's yummy anyway :-)


Happy Gardening *hugs*
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment