Sunday 3 November 2013

October!

Circumstances prevented me posting last month but thought I would do an update of what i did managed to get in the garden.... and that amounts to about 3kg of Broad Beans!  :-)

The scissors are in for perspective... we had a few broad beans to start.. and even before they got weighed the weight went DOWN... hmmm who goes there?
 Brandon ;-)  My junior gardener loves his veges!


   Another day another harvest... just a few more broad beans... 1.3kg peeled weight, not counting the dozens stolen by the boys AND Chris before they got to the weigh in! 

 My Junior Chef scrubbing the delaware potatoes and rainbow carrots from the garden :-)  Funny how the kids want to do chores when they grow the veges lol
 
So dinner ... veges well and truely covered... Delawares as scrubbed by Tom, Rainbow baby carrots as scrubbed by Tom and PEAS!!!  Yes we were still cropping peas in October!


 
 A few more Broad Beans... at this stage I had to pull almost all my broad beans out, we had hot weather and strong winds... and I suspect a "helper" as half of the stalks were not attached at the base when I went to pick!!  Because we had a vast difference in sizes the boys and I sorted them into small/medium and medium/large to help cook them just right!
Chris cooked some and dressed them with garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar... devine :-)
 

SO that was October... now to November... may it be filled with family and gardening! *hugs* Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment